Wednesday, July 13, 2011

El tiempo da buen consejo.

X_large_large

52.7 kg (116.18 lbs)
---------BMI 20.1---------
weight lost: 2.3 kg (5.07 lbs)
weight to lose: 4.7 kg (10.36 lbs)

I told you once that in the end, I always come back. This is far from the end, and I have returned: I've missed you immensely, and a lot has happened that I need to update you on. Mid- June, I hit a plateau, I was desperate, miserable, depressed, call it whatever you'd like: I had been at home for more than a month and none of my friends seemed to care: no one was calling me, no one wanted to see me, talk to me, and no one at home seemed to notice I was feeling so down... I don't think I'd ever felt as lonely as I did those weeks.

Shortly before the end of June, my mom decided we were going on a family vacation and within 2 days, everything was booked and we left for Greece's greenest island, Rhodes. 12 days where no one knew me, where I could put a bathing suit on and not feel too ashamed (it was still pre-summer season time and mainly retired Italian couples in the hotel and on the beach), making my own decisions about food (buffet style meals), spending time with my parents-- it was exactly what I needed. I feel much better now, having lost a little bit of weight, thinking more optimistic thoughts and mentally preparing myself for a huge turning point in my life- laser eye surgery. Even though I haven't been able to find a summer job, my parents decided to pay for it (which I will, of course, give back to them sometime since I wanted to pay for it from my own pocket). It might seem like a not too much of a big thing, but it's a huge deal for me: I've been wearing glasses since I was 7 and can't imagine what it's like to be able to see without them. If everything goes well, the surgery will take place on Jul 26, in less then 2 weeks. 

Drinking apple cider vinegar in the morning.
Fruit and coffee for breakfast.
(Still purging lunches... I know, I know...)
Eating light dinners.

Sorry I've been such a mess... sometimes all we need is some time.
I've missed you and I love you very much.

Tumblr_lnbsepfmly1qafc06o1_500_large

Tumblr_lhylgs612q1qed5wuo1_500_large

Tumblr_lhqu5ucrjw1qah2fqo1_r2_500_large

Tumblr_lo26yneetr1qiaf2qo1_500_large

Tumblr_lj10j7mdxj1qajjdco1_500_large

Tumblr_lm3kybzxqe1qa3rspo1_500_large

Tumblr_lhmah62qb91qhrek0o1_500_large

Choicessign_large

Tumblr_lgbnsbnyob1qad2wmo1_500_large

Tumblr_lhtymmwcoi1qcdik0o1_500_large

Tumblr_lmjzgdpxlk1qgpuywo1_500_large

Tumblr_lg51lsxbg31qfy01no1_500_large

Tumblr_lmbemmb64l1qcrsn7o1_500_large

Tumblr_l9ca2hfgg31qat4y0o1_500_large

Tumblr_ldcxa8yzqb1qd4s4ho1_500_large

Tumblr_lhfsa81kit1qzk1qgo1_500_large

Tumblr_liip6mehhw1qhpdpzo1_500_large

Tumblr_lf5zmredxa1qbv4sdo1_500_large

Tumblr_lj9n8jm4o31qib9zfo1_500_large

Tumblr_lhigoieb4o1qh7hovo1_500_large

Tumblr_lihcprc8jb1qdbbywo1_500_large

Tumblr_lgo3t8tcd91qzmxzao1_500_large

Tumblr_llygp0cpug1qkou6ro1_500_large

I love you.

8543393_qzeyhr6a_c_large

Lu.

10 comments:

  1. LU!

    Lu I missed you!! I am grinning ear to ear reading this. You sounds happier and that can only be good.

    Your holiday sounds like it was bliss xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you are feeling happy now. I've had glasses since I was 5 or 6 but I wear contacts most of the time. I had thought about maybe getting laser eye surgery but I doubt I'll ever get the money and actually want to spend it on that. But I hope you like seeing without glasses. I hope things keep getting better for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're feeling better and had a good time on holiday :) it sounds great!
    Good luck with the laser eye treatment :)
    Are you doing the apple cider vinegar diet then? Does it work?
    Love your meal plan (apart from the purging) :)
    Don't appologise, everyone needs a bit of time now and again!
    Stay strong,
    Lottie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey!

    gosh, I'm so envious of you. Laser eyes surgery is my dream.I hate glasses, but I'm near blind without them ^^ in france, it cost a lot, and I need to wait 2 years after my sight has stabilised before being able to do it. and it's worsening years after years.

    I'm so happy for you!

    and btw, why apple vinegar? doesn't it screw up your digesting systeme? what does it improve?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back hon

    Love AJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. so glad to hear you had a nice vacation. And you're really not doing so badly on weight loss.

    Congratulations on the eye surgery! I'll be praying for you that everything goes smoothly. It must be such a joy and relief to be getting what you've dreamed of for so long.

    love,
    jax

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY! you're back! I've been gone for ages too, only came back to the beloved blogosphere yesterday! You and I always seem to leave and come back at the same time, huh? weird! I'm glad your vacation helped you heal - those are the best ones, the rejuvenating relaxing ones. Congrats on the eye surgery! are you nervous? haha I would be but then again, I'm a wimp. How come no contacts? I wear contacts, and they're pretty good for me, but I know they don't suit a lot of people. PLEASE keep us posted! RaeLynn P.S. LOVE the Eleanor Roosevelt quote, it's one of my favorites <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. gosh, girl your thinspo is amazing! exactly what i needed thank you so much for helping me unintentionally your blog is awesome so i am following you... please keep up with the good thinspo :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've sound like you've been enjoying yourself! That's great :). Going to Greece sounds like so much fun! That's so exciting about your eye surgery- I hope everything goes well. Tell us how it went! I really want that surgery but I don't have insurance and can't afford it, but one day when I get a great job I'll get eye surgery again because I hate my glasses and horrible vision!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i'm glad you're feeling better, greece sounds lovely :) i hope the eye surgery goes well! ♥

    ReplyDelete